The city of Sevastopol is located on the Black Sea coast, in the southwestern part of the Crimea on the Heraclea Peninsula.
An ice-free commercial and fishing port, industrial, scientific and technical, recreational and cultural and historical center.
The dominant economic activities of the region are:
- IT-sphere and innovations;
- science and education;
- fishing, mariculture and fish processing;
- ship repair and shipbuilding;
- high-tech mechanical engineering and instrument making;
- integrated development of territories;
- trade and consumer services.
The strategy of social and economic development of the city of Sevastopol until 2030 is approved by the law of the city of Sevastopol of 21.07.2017 No. 357-ZSP.
According to the Strategy, Sevastopol is a geostrategic, industrial, cultural, historical, humanitarian and tourist center of Russia on the Black Sea, a city where it is comfortable to live, work, study, create and relax.
The factors of the city’s investment attractiveness are:
- the rich historical heritage of the city, which is a symbol of Russia in the Black Sea region;
- unique characteristics of the coastline, making the city the best place in the region for the development of military and civilian maritime infrastructure;
- the presence of significant territories for the spatial development of the city of Sevastopol;
- the presence of an airport on the territory of the city of Sevastopol that can become an international airport;
- extremely favorable climatic conditions for the development of industrial, tourist and agro-industrial clusters.