The Yaroslavl region is located in the north of the European part of Russia and is an industrially developed region with a high scientific and technical potential.
According to the number of organizations engaged in research and development, the region occupies the 4th place in the Central Federal District. The transport system of the region is of national and international importance and includes rail, road, water, air and pipeline transport flows, providing the possibility of conducting mixed transport.
The dominant economic activities of the region are:
- production of chemicals and chemical products;
- production of vehicles and equipment;
- production of rubber and plastic products;
- production of petroleum products;
- food production;
- production of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers;
- production of electrical equipment;
- production of machinery and equipment not included in other groupings.
In accordance with the Strategy of Socio-economic Development of the Yaroslavl region until 2025, the main goal of socio-economic development is to improve the quality of life of the population of the region.
The main factors of investment attractiveness of the region include:
- developed industrial production base;
- the presence of a significant number of high-tech industries;
- availability of infrastructure reserves and unused production areas;
- a wide range of manufactured components and raw semi-finished products, providing flexibility in marketing them to various consumers;
- developed sales market and distribution network, presence of brands and well-known brands on the market;
- convenient geographical location in relation to transport routes and large consumers of products;
- significant investment potential and an effective system of state support for investment activities of new and existing industrial enterprises;
- ready transport and energy infrastructure;
- the scientific and educational potential of the region, the developed infrastructure of the field of education and advanced training;
- the developed financial and banking system of the region.