Stavropol Krai is located in the south of the European part of Russia and is part of the North Caucasus Federal District.
On the territory of the region there is one of the oldest resort regions of the country, the Caucasian Mineral Waters, known for its healing health resorts.
The dominant economic activities of the region are:
The main factors of the region’s investment attractiveness include:
- mechanical engineering;
- electric power industry;
- oil and gas production and processing;
- food industry;
- chemical industry;
- production of motor vehicles;
- production of medicines and materials used for medical purposes;
- favorable transport and geographical location;
- the presence of a major railway junction, a motor transport hub and two airports;
- the presence of a unique complex of mineral springs and balneotherapy in the territory of the region-Caucasian Mineral Waters;
- developed agro-industrial complex and favorable climatic conditions for agriculture (fertile soil, a large number of sunny days).